Are you struggling in the kitchen for Thanksgiving? Carrington Farms has you covered for this holiday season with these delicious recipes.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Carrington Farms Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into ½ inch chunks. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a skillet, melt the coconut oil over low heat. When coconut oil is melted transfer it to a large bowl with the sweet potatoes and other ingredients to toss together. Spread the sweet potatoes evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, tossing occasionally until soft and caramelized for about 1 hour.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash cut up in 1″ squares (or buy the cut up already one like I do! – 2 packages)
- 2 large carrots, cut in small pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut in small pieces
- 2T Carrington Farms Coconut Cooking Oil (regular or garlic)
- 1 cup Coconut milk (or more to taste)
- 3 cups Vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toss vegetables in coconut cooking oil and roast on cookie sheet for about 45 minutes or until tender. Put roasted vegetables into a soup pot and add coconut milk and vegetable broth, simmer until everything is warm. Optional – while simmering take a potato masher and mash up the veggies. Once everything is warm, transfer to a blender or vitamix and blend until smooth. Transfer back to pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.