Paleo Delight: Almond, Pecan And Coconut Crumbed Chicken
Usually, we have half a dozen of chicken recipes that we make one after the other. It is quite normal to get bored after eating those same recipes over and over again because the ingredients are known, the taste is known and there is nothing to excite the taste buds. To break the monotony, I am going to discuss a new and refreshing chicken dish that I’m sure you never heard of in the past. This is a paleo recipe, so this is what you should be eating. The name of the recipe is ‘Paleo Almond, Pecan & Coconut Crumbed Chicken’. It is a healthy recipe, as the chicken you get is baked and also has a nutty and crunchy coating. You can enjoy this recipe with a salad. So, without any further ado, let me discuss this recipe in detail.
- ½ cup shredded coconut.
- ½ cup almonds.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- 4 chicken breast fillets (small).
- 1/3 cup pecans.
- 1 tbsp., cold water.
- 3 tsps., finely grated lemon rind.
- 1 tbsp., macadamia oil.
- 1 garlic clove, quartered.
- Lemon wedges (for serving).
If you are interested in making a salad, then here are the ingredients that you will be requiring.
Brussels Sprout and Broccoli salad:
- 1 large broccoli cut into small florets.
- 250 grams trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts.
- ½ roughly chopped avocado.
- 1 tbsp., sunflower kernels.
- 1 tbsp., pine nuts.
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar.
- 1 tbsp., pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
- 2 tbsps., macadamia oil.
- 2 tbsps., fresh dill, chopped.
That was all about the ingredients, so now, let’s move onto the procedure of making this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take a baking tray and line it with baking paper.
- Add pecans, almonds, coconut, garlic and lemon grind in the food processor and keep processing the ingredients until they get finely chopped. Take a large bowl and pour down the ingredients into that bowl. Add some salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Now, take another bowl and whisk an egg and water in the bowl, until you see a proper mixture. You need to dip the chicken in that egg mixture followed by dipping the chicken in the nut mixture. Make sure that the nut mixture covers all sides of the chicken. Place the chicken on the prepared tray and drizzle some oil on top of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for half an hour or until the chicken gets brown.
- By the time chicken gets baked, you can prepare Brussels Sprout and Broccoli salad. You have to cook Brussels sprouts in a large red copper pan filled with boiling water for a couple of minutes or until the Brussels sprouts start getting bright green. Once they turn bright green, you can transfer the sprouts to a large bowl filled with iced water. The same process has to be repeated with broccoli.
- Take a small frying pan now and heat it over medium-high heat. Cook sunflower seeds, pepitas and pine nuts for 4-5 minutes or until toasted. Take out broccoli and sprouts from the water and drain them properly. Put them into a large bowl along with avocado and pine nut mixture. Take a jug and whisk mustard, vinegar, oil and dill in it. Add some salt and pepper for seasoning, and also drizzle some oil over the salad. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cut thick slices of chicken and serve it with Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli salad and lemon wedges.
This recipe is easy, isn’t it? You must try it in the upcoming days. Your family members will like this chicken recipe because the flavors they will experience will be nothing compared to what they have experienced before. So, surprise your family with this amazing Paleo Almond, Pecan & Coconut Crumbed Chicken recipe.
Author Bio: Monica Henin, the author of this post is a renowned blogger and a food expert. She has written on a wide range of food topics, including Paleo recipes. She is a regular writer at Addon Kitchen, so you can take a look at this website for more of her amazing work…