A Healthy Snack for Back to School Lunches
Looking for a healthy snack for your kids (and who are we kidding, yourself) that is yummy but is free of sugar, fat, peanuts and cholesterol? There is a new snack making waves by Sardo Foods and it is called Li’l Oliver.
Li’l Oliver are pre packed pitted green or black olives. No artifcial colours or flavours, its gluten free and no trans fats. Let’s face it, its a healthy snack that is also delicious.
Back to school is here and you want your child eating healthy but you don’t want them to get bored of the same old snack in their lunch box. This snack is school approved because, as mentioned above, their are no peanuts! Its delicious for your child and safe for his or her classmates.
Each cup is only 20 calories and two grams of fat. Your children are already learning that snacks can be good tasting and good for you.
But this is just not a kids snack. It can be for adults too! For that olive lover in the family, get hooked on Li’l Oliver today!
Click here to find out where Li’l Oliver is available.
Did you know that:
- The olive is technically a fruit?
- The Canada Food Guide recommends children under 13 get up to six servings of fruits and vegetables a day? About 16 olives, roughly two packs of Li’L Oliver, equals on of those servings.
- Eating olives boosts your iron intake? Iron plays a key role in keeping you healthy and happy. Move over apples, make room for olives!
- Olives are high in oleic acid, which studies have shown reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease?
- Olives are rich in phytonutrients, bringing added benefits for our cardiovascular, respiratory, nervous, muscle, immune, inflammatory and digestive systems?
- Oleuropein, found exclusively in olives, is an antioxidant nutrient that has shown to decrease LDL cholesterol and protect nerve cells?
“For such a little fruit, there is an impressive nutritious punch in each olive,” says Desiree. “The convenience of Li’l Oliver makes it easier for families to give their kids all the benefits of olives as part of their daily diet.”
For more information, other products and recipes, please visit www.sardofoods.com. Follow Sardo Foods on Twitter @SardoFoods and Like it on Facebook.
About Sardo Foods:
Family owned and operated in Canada, Sardo Foods is world renowned for bringing all the unique flavours of the Mediterranean to your family’s dinner table. Specializing in olives, antipasti, pesto, spreads, bruschetta and more, Sardo Foods aims to make gourmet cooking and entertaining easy. Based in Bolton, Ont., Sardo Foods employs 150 people and boasts more than 200 product lines.