Slimming World’s Roast Beef with Mustard Crust
Ready in about 2 hours
3 ½ pounds sirloin of beef, all visible fat removed
3 tablespoons English mustard powder
6 to 8 teaspoons mixed peppercorns, crushed
Preheat the oven to 375oF and place the beef in a roasting pan. Make up the mustard according to the packet instructions and spread over the joint. Sprinkle over the peppercorns to form an even crust.
Place the meat in the oven and cook for 20 minutes per pound plus an extra 20 minutes for rare; 25 minutes per pound plus an extra 25 minutes for medium; and 30 minutes per pound plus an extra 30 minutes for well done. Baste occasionally with the meat juices while roasting, and turn halfway through its cooking time.
Once cooked, remove the beef from the roasting pan and cover loosely with foil. Allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving. Delicious served with roasted vine tomatoes.
How Slimming World’s eating plan works:
– It’s a plan that’s based on the science of satiety. It’s all about choosing foods that are low in energy density (or calories) but are filling so when following the plan you never feel hungry or deprived.
– Members can eat a wide range of Free Foods including fruit and vegetables, lean meat and fish, eggs, beans, rice and potatoes without having to weigh, measure or count.
– As well as Free Foods, those following the plan enjoy measured amounts of fiber and low fat dairy or calcium rich foods.
– Members learn to get back to basics and to shop, cook and eat healthy, everyday foods.
– This eating plan is the answer for people who want and need to lose weight, but find it hard to stick with a program that makes them feel restricted or deprived. This is the answer for those who never want to go hungry again. This is a weight-loss plan that works for people who love food.
– People who follow Food Optimising 100 percent WILL lose a steady 1-2 pounds a week. It’s been proven by millions of successful people.
– Those following the plan have access to hundreds of recipes, from healthy chilis and pasta dishes to scrumptious stir-fry meals.
– With this liberating healthy eating plan, it’s not about what you CAN’T have; it’s about what you CAN.