Whether baking something special for a holiday or just because, it’s nice to bring a dessert that tastes delicious but also is healthier than most desserts. That’s why when we are going to parties or celebrating holidays, we love the best Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. This unique twist of healthier choices will make these cookies a hit with those with a sweet tooth but surprise! This recipe does not call for added sugar!
Ingredients For The Best Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe:
2 cups oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup coconut sugar
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
¼ cup skim milk (or any milk of your choice)
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup raisins
The Best Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe Directions:
– Mix all dry ingredients together in a food processor (except raisins)
– Transfer the dry mixture to a bowl
– Combine all wet ingredients with oat mixture
– Add raisins after mixture is fully combined
– Using a mini ice cream scooper, scoop cookies onto pan (we recommend using a Pampered Chef pan)
– Squish down after scooping onto pan – mixture is crumbly, so this will help to bind it together
– Bake in oven at 350 for 10 minutes; makes 22 cookies
Get ready to impress your family and friends with this fabulous recipe! We also have so many other recipes to try.
Written by Lyndin Kane of Halifax, Nova Scotia, freelance writer and author of Running from the Runs, a health and wellness blog dedicated to irritable bowel syndrome and the often uncomfortable, always humorous, effect it can have on daily life.