Bacon and veg frittata
Ready in about 30 minutes
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup green beans, trimmed and sliced
1 cup Brussel sprots, shredded
6 large eggs
1 large pinch of dried red chili flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Low-calorie cooking spray
4 pieces of Canadian bacon, all visible fat removed, roughly chopped
1 cup roasted red peppers in brine from a jar, drained and cut into strips
1 ¾ ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Large handful of arugula, to serve
Put the spinach in a colander and pour freshly boiled water over. Rinse under cold running water and gently squeeze dry using your hands, then set aside.
Boil the beans and Brussel sprouts for about 2 minutes. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the chili flakes, season and whisk well.
Preheat your grill to medium-high. Place a 9-inch frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a medium heat and cook the bacon until it browns. Scatter in the spinach, beans and sprouts, then pour the egg mixture in, swirling the pan so it spreads evenly. Arrange the peppers and feta on top.
Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until set, then place under the grill for another 3-4 minutes. Check the frittata is cooked by inserting a knife in the middle – if there is still some runny egg, grill for a couple more minutes and test again. Serve sliced into wedges, with the arugula.
How Slimming World’s eating plan works:
– It’s a plan that’s based on the science of satiety. It’s all about choosing foods that are low in energy density (or calories) but are filling so when following the plan you never feel hungry or deprived.
– Members can eat a wide range of Free Foods including fruit and vegetables, lean meat and fish, eggs, beans, rice and potatoes without having to weigh, measure or count.
– As well as Free Foods, those following the plan enjoy measured amounts of fiber and low fat dairy or calcium rich foods.
– Members learn to get back to basics and to shop, cook and eat healthy, everyday foods.
– This eating plan is the answer for people who want and need to lose weight, but find it hard to stick with a program that makes them feel restricted or deprived. This is the answer for those who never want to go hungry again. This is a weight-loss plan that works for people who love food.
– People who follow Food Optimising 100 percent WILL lose a steady 1-2 pounds a week. It’s been proven by millions of successful people.
– Those following the plan have access to hundreds of recipes, from healthy chilis and pasta dishes to scrumptious stir-fry meals.
– With this liberating healthy eating plan, it’s not about what you CAN’T have; it’s about what you CAN.