Have you ever wanted your family to slowly make the process of becoming vegan? Interested in just trying a vegan recipe or having a vegan meal once a week? Try Katherine Vooys’ delicious Vegan Lasagna recipe! It will be a family favorite.
You’d Never Know It’s Vegan Lasagna
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1 package Yves vegan ground tofu (original or Italian flavor)
1 large green zucchini thinly sliced
1 large yellow zucchini thinly sliced
½ large eggplant thinly sliced
12 white mushrooms thinly sliced
2 cups baby spinach
½ white or red onion chopped
1 jar of tomato sauce
6 gluten free lasagna noodles
1 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup Daiya Pepper Jack Cheese Shreds
1 cup Daiya Cheddar Cheese Shreds
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes (al dente). Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
2) Preheat the oven to 400o F.
3) Lightly spray a large casserole dish with cooking oil. Place one layer of noodles as a base (use three noodles). Layer the baby spinach and onions. Spread 1/3 of the tomato sauce on top. Add mushrooms and zucchini. Spread 1/3 of the tomato sauce on top. Add eggplant, ½ cup of nutritional yeast, 1 cup Daiya cheddar cheese shreds, and ground tofu. Place last three noodles on top. Add the last 1/3 of tomato sauce, 1 cup Daiya pepper jack cheese and nutritional yeast.
4) Cook covered for 45 minutes. Remove the lid for the last 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
5) Garnish with dried parsley and/or vegan parmesan cheese.
6) Serve with your favourite fresh bread.
Katherine Vooys is the Clean Vegan, blogging about her progress as a vegan and sharing healthy tips, recipes and thoughts along the way!