Must Haves for the Backyard Chef
Take your grilling game to the next level with these barbecue accessories
It is one thing to toss some chunks of raw meat on the barbecue and take them off when they are done. It is quite another to put the versatility of your backyard grill to the test, using all the tools are your disposal to turn a regular old cookout into a gourmet experience of delicious proportions. Put the right accessories at your fingertips (or on your barbecue, as the case may be), and you may start to feel like you have your own cooking show — minus the bright lights and big cameras.
When getting ready for this grilling season, the following barbecue accessories should always be nearby.
- A new barbecue.Let’s start right at the top. If you are cooking on a rusted-out grill with burners that are totally shot, you are going to get inconsistent hotspots and uneven cooking. Check out a modern grill with all the amenities — searing burner on the side, rotisserie unit, smoking tube — that will enable you to put backyard gourmet food in front of your friends and family.
- More than burgers and dogs.Your barbecue is a versatile cooking tool. Break out of the mold with the tools to cook more than meat on your grill. A pizza lover’s starter kit includes a pizza stone, stainless steel pizza peel, a pizza wheel and a cheese grater and slicer that also works as a spatula.
- Old school charcoal.
- Even with a gas grill, you don’t have to sacrifice the nostaligia and smokey flavours of old fashioned charcoal grilling. A cast iron charcoal and smoker tray turns any gas grill into a charcoal cooker. Simply insert the tray onto the burners of your gas grill, load it with charcoal and turn on the gas. Once the coals are glowing red, turn off the gas burners and enjoy some “modern” charcoal grilling.
- Marinade …deep inside. Letting your meat rest in a marinade is an ages old method of ensuring a juicy, delicious cut of meat. But take that a step further by injecting your favourite marinade deep into your favourite kind of meat. Meat injectors enhance flavour and prevent dryness for a meal you and your guests won’t soon forget.
- The latest trend.A Himalayan Salt Platter is the latest and greatest grilling accessory, adding a new level of sophistication to backyard grilling. Use it to sear meats, seafood and vegetables or chill and serve sushi, sashimi or even ice cream. Good for cooking and serving, it imparts a subtle salt flavour to the food, and has a great table presence (that is, it looks good in the middle of the table as everybody grabs their dinner off of it).
About the Napoleon Group of Companies:
It all began in 1976 when a small steel fabrication business launched by Wolfgang Schroeter started manufacturing steel railings in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. At that time, no one could imagine the incredible future that lay ahead for Wolf Steel Ltd. and eventually Napoleon® Fireplaces and Napoleon® Gourmet Grills.
Since the first wood stove rolled off the production line more than 35 years ago, WolfSteel’s commitment was to be distinctive and successful in everything they do. Napoleon’s commitment to producing quality products combined with honest, reliable service has proven to be successful framework to ensuring the continued rapid growth of the company. Napoleon® is an ISO 9001:2015 registered company and now operates with 1.4 million square feet of manufacturing space and employs more than 1,000 associates.
Napoleon® is North America’s largest privately owned manufacturer of quality wood and gas fireplaces (inserts and stoves), gourmet gas and charcoal grills, outdoor living products and a complete line of Heating & Cooling equipment. Napoleon has been named one of Canada’s Top 50 Best Managed Companies, an annual distinction sponsored by CIBC World Markets, Deloitte, The National Post, Queen’s School of Business and CEO Forum.