Chili prawn stir-fry
Ready in 20 minutes
8 ounces dried rice vermicelli noodles
Low-calorie cooking spray
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1.5 inch piece of root ginger, peeled and finely grated
1 large red chili pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
1 tbsp mild curry powder
5 ounces vegetable stock
Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
10 ½ ounce bag of mixed stir-fry vegetables
2 pieces of Chinese cabbage, trimmed, leaves separated and stalks thinly sliced
8 ounces frozen jumbo king prawns, thawed
½ tsp chili flakes
Soak or cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain well and set aside.
Spray a wok or large frying pan with the low-calorie cooking spray. Add the garlic, ginger and fresh chili and fry over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until softened.
Sprinkle the curry powder over and cook for 1 minute, stirring, then pour in the stock and add the spring onions and lime juice. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then pour into a measuring jug and wipe the wok with a paper towel.
Spray the wok with more cooking spray and cook the stir-fry vegetables and Chinese cabbage stalks over a high heat for 3 minutes. Add the Chinese cabbage leaves, prawns, chili flakes and noodles, then pour in the sauce and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.
How Slimming World’s eating plan works:
– It’s a plan that’s based on the science of satiety. It’s all about choosing foods that are low in energy density (or calories) but are filling so when following the plan you never feel hungry or deprived.
– Members can eat a wide range of Free Foods including fruit and vegetables, lean meat and fish, eggs, beans, rice and potatoes without having to weigh, measure or count.
– As well as Free Foods, those following the plan enjoy measured amounts of fiber and low fat dairy or calcium rich foods.
– Members learn to get back to basics and to shop, cook and eat healthy, everyday foods.
– This eating plan is the answer for people who want and need to lose weight, but find it hard to stick with a program that makes them feel restricted or deprived. This is the answer for those who never want to go hungry again. This is a weight-loss plan that works for people who love food.
– People who follow Food Optimising 100 percent WILL lose a steady 1-2 pounds a week. It’s been proven by millions of successful people.
– Those following the plan have access to hundreds of recipes, from healthy chilis and pasta dishes to scrumptious stir-fry meals.
– With this liberating healthy eating plan, it’s not about what you CAN’T have; it’s about what you CAN.